STANDARD GUIDELINES FOR CLEANING SURFACES
Do not use abrasives like metal scourers, bleach, acidic detergents, and solvents (trilene, acetone, alcohol) because
they can damage the material irreparably.
- Avoid exposing the product to direct sunlight and protect it from extreme temperatures and humidity changes. Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight may fade the finish/color while extreme temperature and humidity changes may cause the wood to split or crack.
- Protect surfaces from scratches, dents, condensation or spills. Use cutting boards and coasters to protect the surfaces.
- Check periodically that your product is level and rests firmly on the levelers. Double-check during the first few months as the product may settle into the carpet.
Casegoods / Finished Surfaces
- Use a damp cloth or a cloth dipped in a solution of water and 10% neutral liquid detergent
- Rinse and dry the wet parts using a soft, clean cloth, following the direction of the wood grain
- Wax and polish your product as frequently as you do with your other furniture.
- Use a non-silicone liquid or paste wax.
Vinyl, Melamine, Thermoshield and High Pressure Laminate (HPL) Surfaces
- Use a solution of non-abrasive neutral liquid detergent diluted in water (10-20% solution)
- For excessive dirt and grease, use a concentrated detergent
- Apply the liquid with a soft sponge and rinse and dry immediately with a soft clean cloth.
- Immediately remove stains made by wine, coffee or other highly colored substances.
Solid Surface Tops
- Solid Surface Tops have a porous quality and will absorb the substances they come into contact with.
- Lemon, coffee, wine, oil and vinegar stains and any other colored substance should be cleaned right away.
- Use a damp cloth or soft sponge with a little non-abrasive neutral liquid detergent diluted in water.
- Flip and rotate all adjustable seats, seatback and pillows once a week to ensure even wear and increase the overall life of fabric and cushions.
- Frequent vacuuming will prevent overall soiling caused by dust and grime.
- Professional furniture cleaning is highly recommended to keep your upholstery fresh and looking new.
- Wipe spills with a damp cloth.
- Spot clean using a solution of mild liquid soap and lukewarm water.
- Apply the soap to a clean wet sponge and wash, rinse well, and towel dry.
- Test cleaning method in a hidden area first before using.